Travel southwest of the Twin Cities, and you will find the charming suburb of Carver, Minnesota. Though Carver itself is a small town, with a population of approximately 4,861, it’s an integral part of the larger Carver County — a quickly-growing county renowned as an exceptional place to call home. In fact, Carver County is regularly ranked as Minnesota’s healthiest county.
Those considering building or remodeling a home in Carver, MN, will love the suburb’s high median income, proximity to local attractions, and exceptional schools. Considered by Niche.com as one of the best places to raise a family in the area, Carver is an excellent choice for individuals and families who desire proximity to the Twin Cities.
Carver, Minnesota: Little Town, Long History
Because Carver is located near the Minnesota River, it was quickly settled by Minnesota River Valley pioneers by 1852. From there, it went on to become a thriving hub for steamboats and eventually the railroad. In 1960, the city of Carver began to renovate the many historic buildings that make the city so unique. Today, history buffs love visiting the Carver Historic District, which is on the Minnesota State Register of Historic Places and the National Register of Historic Places.
Now, Carver thrives as a small, tight-knit community of 4,861 residents — one of 11 citiesin Carver County. This county — with a population nearing 100,000 — is known not only for its proximity to the Twin Cities, but for its stunning natural beauty in the form of woodlands, lakes, creeks, and hillsides. Carver County is also known for its many employment opportunities, libraries, healthcare facilities, and attractions.
The Basics: Is Carver the Right Fit for You and Your Family?
Wondering whether this suburb would make a good home for you and your family? Let’s look at some fast facts about Carver living — and why it might be the perfect place to build or remodel a custom home:
Carver County is bursting with eclectic attractions. For example, nearby Waconia has summer concerts every year in the Music in the Park series. Take a trip out to nearby parks like Lake Waconia or the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum to enjoy the county’s natural beauty. Music and culture buffs might want to make their way to Paisley Park in Chanhassen to explore the musician Prince’s private estate and production studio. Or head out to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres for a night of theater and entertainment.
Family-Friendly Living & Great Schools
This historic city is a family-friendly location that ranks better than 92% of areas with Area Vibes. In addition, Carver ranks 69% lower than the national average when it comes to crime, making this a safe location for families. Though it’s close to the Twin Cities, this town has all the amenities you need right within its borders: restaurants, shops, and schools to meet all your family’s needs. According to Niche.com, Carver gets an A+ ratingwhen it comes to schools. Carver is served by the Eastern Carver County Public School system
Carver offers residents the opportunity to enjoy a cozy, tight-knit community with the convenience of Twin Cities proximity. Carver is 23 miles from Minneapolis and 29 miles to St. Paul. The average one-way commute for Carver residents is under a half hour.
Although Carver only encompasses 4.51 square miles, it has an impressive number of parks for residents to enjoy. Riverside Park has a boat launch and archery range, Overlook park has a nature trail that leads to a beautiful overlook, while Community Parkhas an ice rink and two playgrounds for kids.
What You Need to Know About Income & Jobs in Carver
If you’re looking into employment opportunities in Carver, keep in mind that Carver County as a whole has the most rapidly-growing economy in the state of Minnesota. That, combined with the proximity to the employment opportunities in the Twin Cities, makes Carver a great place to find jobs. Here’s how Carver stacks up, according to Data USA:
- Though some Carver residents commute to the Twin Cities to work, the city employs 2,650 people in various trades, including health care, finance, insurance, retail, and professional and scientific services. There has recently been a 3.63% growth in jobs in the city.
- Carver has a low poverty rate of .83% compared to the national average of 12.3%
- The median household income is $109,938 compared to the national average of around $60,000
Building or Remodeling the Perfect Custom Home in Carver, MN
In Carver, 91.6% of the city’s residents are homeowners, demonstrating that it’s a popular place to own a home. The median property value of a home is $309,300, which highlights the relatively high value of Carver’s real estate. As homeowners flock to buy property in the rapidly-growing Carvery County area, it may be time to look into owning property in this town.
If you’re like many homeowners, you like the idea of building or customizing a home so that it suits your needs — instead of settling for a home that might not be catered to your lifestyle. Here are some perks of building or remodeling a custom home Carver:
- Make it Yours. Since you spend so much of your life in your home, it only makes sense that you would want to make it as unique and customized as possible. When you customize a home, the sky’s the limit. Have you always dreamed of having a home gym? Would a tranquil library bring joy to your life? Would you love to have a kitchen that opens right out onto a back deck? With the right team, you can make your visions a reality.
- Go Green. When you buy a home, you’re sometimes stuck with infrastructure and appliances that waste resources and cost you money over the long run. When you work with a company to build your own home, you can ensure a more eco-friendly, money-saving house right from the start. This goes for appliances, but also applies to insulation, energy-efficient doors and windows, state-of-the-art heating and cooling systems, and well-thought-out ventilation systems.
- Don’t compromise. Buying a house is a major endeavor and commitment. When it comes to getting the house you want, where you want it, there’s no need to make a major compromise. Found the perfect property at a good price? You can build a home from scratch. Looking at a not-so-perfect home in a great neighborhood? You can easily customize the home to suit your needs.
When you’re searching for custom home remodeling in Carver, MN, make sure to partner with a company that has years of experience creating perfect homes for Carver County residents. At GreenWood, we know how to work with your needs and budget to create the perfect new, remodeled, or customized home. Ready to learn more? Please get in touchwith us today.