The Twin Cities area in Minnesota is home to thousands of residents who enjoy resources and systems in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. The area is green and lush with a mix of suburban and urban developments. If you’re considering building a custom home in Minnesota, the neighborhoods in the Twin Cities are a great place to start. Each suburb is unique but offers a great community and environment to build your dream home.
Once you find your ideal location, GreenWood Design and Build helps you create your custom home to serve you for years to come.
Shoreview, MN Custom Home Building
Shoreview is a vibrant and green neighborhood located in St. Paul. It has a population of 26,826 and is one of the best neighborhoods to build a custom home in the Twin Cities. The majority of the home in Shoreview are owned, creating a dense suburban feel.
According to Niche, Shoreview has low crime rates, making it a safe neighborhood to live in. It is also ethnically and economically diverse and provides a home for many young professionals and families.
- Shoreview is a beautiful neighborhood with plenty of lakes and parks to explore. For example, the Rice Creek Regional Trail Corridor, Turtle Lake, McCullough Park, and Shoreview Commons Park.
- There are plenty of schools, both public and private, to cater to families with children.
- There are plenty of restaurants and shopping centers.
Eden Prairie, MN Custom Home Building
Eden Prairie is a neighborhood 12 miles southwest of Minneapolis. It is ranked as the best suburb to live in and build a custom home in Minnesota. As of 2019, the population stood at 64,893 people.
- The Eden Prairie public school district is top-rated, with plenty of schools for families to choose from.
- There are plenty of restaurants, bars, shopping centers, and recreation areas, such as the Bent Creek Golf Club.
- The city has 37 parks and 15 conservation areas for people and pets.
- Eden Prairie has plenty of trails and museums to explore.
- The traffic is manageable, making it easy to move around the city.
Chanhassen, MN Custom Home Building
Chanhassen is a city southwest of Minneapolis. It has a population of 26,546 and has a sparsely populated suburban feel. The majority of the houses in Chanhassen are owned instead of rented, making it ideal for custom home building.
- Chanhassen has a 65-mile trail system where you can enjoy walks, jogging, and cycling. The trails are also pet-friendly as long as you keep them on a leash.
- There are plenty of green parks to explore and relax in—for example, Paisley Park, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, or Lake Minnewashta Regional Park.
- Chanhassen has an active restaurant scene with a variety of classic American, Asian and Italian cuisine.
- The public school system is top-rated, with plenty of schools to select from.
Shorewood, MN Custom Home Building
Niche ranks Shorewood first as the best place to raise a family in Hennepin County, Minnesota. It’s a suburb in Minneapolis located on Lake Minnetonka. With a population of 7,867, Shorewood has the ultimate rural feel. With great spaces and a community, Shorewood is a great place to build a custom home.
- Shorewood has six parks covering approximately 100 acres
- There are 15 public schools to choose from with A+ ratings on Niche.
- There is plenty of greenery and trails to explore, including the Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail.
- There are plenty of restaurants, bars, and stores to meet your needs.
Edina, MN Custom Home Building
Edina is a suburb of Minneapolis ranked as the fourth-best suburb to live in the Twin Cities. With a population of 53,711, the area is densely populated. Edina is the perfect neighborhood for homeowners seeking to customize their houses in an urban environment.
Residents enjoy short drives to Minneapolis and connections to the highways and freeways, plenty of restaurants and bars, and shopping centers. There is also a Metro Transit bus that serves parts of Edina.
- According to Niche, Edina has low crime rates compared to the national averages.
- At least 30 public schools are serving Edina families, with A ratings.
- Edina has several trails for residents to walk and cycle on. In addition, the suburb has a bronze-level Bicycle friendly community, according to the League of American Bicyclists.
Plymouth, MN Custom Home Building
Plymouth is a densely populated suburb in Minneapolis. The area has a population of 79,768 and therefore has an urban feel. However, 71% of the homes are owned rather than rented, making Plymouth ideal for home customization.
- More than 50 schools serve Plymouth, making it ideal for families with kids.
- Facilities such as schools, hospitals, and city utilities are within reach and well managed.
- Plymouth has over 71 developed parks covering approximately 1,885 acres.
- The area has 174 miles of trails for walking, jogging, and cycling.
- Plymouth has 9 playfields for children and pets.
St. Louis Park, MN Custom Home Building
St. Louis Park is one of the best suburbs to live in Minnesota. At a population of 44,677, St. Louis Park provides a suburban-urban feel. In addition, there is a good distribution of owned and rental homes in the area. St. Louis Park provides a home for many young professionals and small families.
- Approximately 20 top-rated public schools are serving St. Louis Park.
- Close to downtown Minneapolis with plenty of entertainment, dining, and drinking spots.
- There are plenty of green spaces managed by the Three Rivers Park District. For example, the Cedar Lake LRT Regional trail is great for walks and cycling.
Arden Hills, MN Custom Home Building
Arden Hills is an excellent suburb in St. Paul with a population of 10,293. It’s one of the best places to live in Ramsey county with a suburban feel. Arden Hills is great for your custom home, especially if you’re seeking an area with a relatively lower cost of living around Minneapolis.
- At least 20 top-rated schools serve Arden Hill.
- Arden Hills has 14 parks covering 102 acres and more than 20 miles of walking and cycling trails.
Build Your Custom Home in Twin Cities Today
At GreenWood, we bring your dream home to life by walking you through the design and construction process. We believe in providing client-inspired homes in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Do you want to build your custom home in the Twin Cities area?
Contact us today for more information.